Repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
Auto Body Technician - Essential Duties
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains and wears all required safety and health personal protective equipment, including respirator, in the manner recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Auto Body Technician - Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Auto Body Technician - Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards. Auto Body Technician – Essential Duties Repairs vehicles per estima...
An Automotive Sales Professional, or Auto Sales Representative, is responsible for selling cars, trucks and vans for personal and commercial use. Their duties include meeting with customers to discuss their needs, promoting sales offers at their dealership and participating in test drives with interested customers.
Duties and responsibilities
Automotive Sales Professionals are responsible for making customers feel welcome and supported through the car-purchasing process. The responsibilities of a car salesperson will vary depending on the size of their dealership, but usually include the following tasks:
- Greet customers arriving at the dealership
- Showcase the dealership’s vehicles and explain their features and warranties to customers
- Answer customer questions about cars, financing and purchase process
- Accompany customers on test drives, collecting licenses and documentation beforehand per best practices
- Negotiate car prices and trade-in values for customers’ vehicles
- Coordinate with the finance department to determine each customer’s financing and ownership options
- Contact past customers to ensure they are satisfied with their vehicles
Skills and qualifications
An Automotive Sales Professional uses a variety of soft skills and industry knowledge to provide the most rewarding customer service experience they can. Common skills and qualifications for an Automotive Sales Professional include:
- Exceptional customer service skills, including interpersonal communication and rapport building
- In-depth knowledge of the dealership’s vehicles, finance options and sales process
- Intuition to anticipate which cars will appeal to different customers
- Active listening to best determine a customer’s wants and needs
- Persuasiveness to convince customers to make a purchase
- Confidence to create a positive impression on customers
- Negotiation skills to offer deals that satisfy customers while ensuring profit for the dealership
- Organization and time management to handle many different customers, including past customers, at once
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to coordinate sales with the financing department and/or other Salespeople
- A welcoming and friendly demeanor
- Knowledge and passion for vehicles
An Automotive Sales Professional, or Auto Sales Representative, is responsible for selling cars, trucks and vans for personal and commercial use. Their duties include meeting with customers to discuss...
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an automotive technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto technician on cars and light trucks along with an OEM or equivalent ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- OEM or ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an automotive technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto technician on cars and light trucks along with...